Thursday, November 18, 2010

surreal

So I got home from work today to find a video for the New York Times being shot in my apartment.

The video was about Harry Potter.

I'm not even joking.

I have since learned that:
  • one of my roommates used to work for the Harry Potter Alliance (she's not in the video - it features the head of the organization, who's staying on an air mattress in my living room)
  • "B roll" is extra footage they shoot to splice into videos when they edit
  • if current conditions continue, chocolate will be as expensive as caviar in 20 years (I checked. It's on the Atlantic. While demand for chocolate is increasing with rising wealth in India and China, farmers are abandoning cocoa farms because of the very difficult work and low wages -- lots of child slave labor ends up involved.)
So yes. The New York Times. At my dining room table.

Don't believe me? Here's a picture with Dumbledore.

1 comment:

  1. im still confused as to what the article/interview was about.

    ReplyDelete